1. Short summary / abstract
This document is a factsheet about MRSA, written by a senior clinical scientist. The target audience are members of the general public who require a straightforward introduction to the subject in lay terms.
2. What question is the document addressing?
The document briefly explains what MRSA is, who gets infection, how it is controlled and how it is treated. There is also a link to a support group for MRSA sufferers and dependents.
3. Type of study
4. Methods valid & appropriate?
Not applicable - the leaflet is expert opinion, not a systematic review.
5. Results / recommendations reliable?
Yes, the document is reliable, and in line with latest expert guidelines on MRSA.
6. Any major problems and biases?
The document is unbiased.
7. Any other important / relevant studies which confirm or contradict?
There are other, similar factsheets freely available on the internet. For example,
1. The Association of Medical Microbiologists
2. The Health Protection Agency
3. The Department of Health
*** Note: These are the views of a professional expert rather than an official statement from his or her society, organisation or advisory committee.
|Name:||Dr Andrew Hay|
(Society / Organisation / Advisory Committee):