1. Short summary / abstract
*** Note: These are the views of a professional expert rather than an official statement from his or her society, organisation or advisory committee.
This review discusses clinical presentation, diagnosis, treatment options and outcome of haemolytic uraemic syndrome. Contact details are provided for a support group for sufferers.
2. What question is the document addressing?
To review haemolytic uraemic syndrome and provide information for lay readers.
3. Type of study
4. Methods valid & appropriate?
5. Results / recommendations reliable?
Yes. Dr Sarah Allford (http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/whoisnd.htm), a Research Registrar and Professor Samuel Machin (http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/whoisnd.htm), Professor of Haematology. Netdoctor claim to follow the HoNCode (http://www.hon.ch/HONcode/Conduct.html) for publishing quality health information on the net.
6. Any major problems and biases?
7. Any other important / relevant studies which confirm or contradict?
Haemolytic uraemic syndrome