Current Location: Home > Common Illnesses
Antimicrobial Resistance & Common Illnesses
This section of the site is about the problems associated with antimicrobial resistance in specific illnesses and discusses how we can help when we are ill.
Choose a section below for more information or using the links on the right of this page select a news article, related resource, or view the current tip
- Acne - does the use of antibiotics in acne contribute to resistance?
- Child Health - how can I keep my child healthy?
- Colds & Flu - information about what causes colds and flu, flu vaccinations and treatments
- Coughs & Chest Infections - do we always need antibiotics to treat coughs? What about bronchitits and pneumonia?
- Cystitis - how common is cystitis and what treatments are recommended?
- Earache - information about a common childhood ear infection and the pros and cons of antibiotic treatment
- HIV/AIDS - problems associated with antimicrobial resistance for HIV/AIDS sufferers
- Hospital Acquired Infection - what is MRSA and how does it spread?
- Malaria - information about the different malaria prevention regimens
- Sinusitis - do antibiotics help cure sinusitis?
- Sore Throat - what causes sore throats and are antibiotics the answer?
- Traveller's Diarrhoea - information about the prevention and treatment of traveller's diarrhoea by antibiotics